Ok so it’s another cooking post. I just bought a new 50mm Canon macro lens, so I had to cook something to try it on, right? 🙂
Here’s what you’ll need:
3 small shallots
1 vegetable stock pot/cube
bunch of thyme
half a cup white wine
dash of honey, olive oil, butter
salt & pepper
1. Peel and chop parsnips, turnips, shallots.
2. Cover in some olive oil, seat salt and thyme.
3. Roast in oven, around 30mins on 200° fan heat.
4. In a large pot, create a portion of stock (roughly 500ml) using the stock pot. Add the roasted vegetables into the pot. Boil the whole lot for 10-15mins, or until all the veg are quite soft.
5. Now the fun starts! Remove from heat and mash it all up using a hand blender.
6. Add white wine, honey, butter, salt & pepper until it tastes right. You might need to top up with water if it’s too thick.
7. Simmer, covered for a few more minutes, and serve with crusty bread.