Ryan now calls me an ‘honorary South African’. You’d think that one might start getting bored going back to the same place again and again – but it seems that with every Cape Town trip I discover more to love. The dramatic landscapes, the upbeat people, the incredible food, the beautiful flowers and wine fields.
Here are some of my favourite foodie things we did on this trip:
- Pot Luck Club: the best Peri Peri chicken EVER. And all the other things were good too.
- Overture: incredible views, super food and the most interesting palette cleanser, which were frozen grapes!!
- Bread and Wine: this has become a staple on every trip now. The food is incredible and the atmosphere is the definition of bliss.
- The Hoek: new amazing coffee shop in Franschhoek.
- Unframed: serious ice cream with a serious salted caramel sauce.
- Schoon: bread from this bakery is something else. But more about that soon!